Notable Geography News
- Professor Atkinson-Palombo to give talk in ZurichPosted on March 10, 2018
- Professor DasGupta to give keynote address to AAG specialty groupPosted on March 2, 2018
- Dr. Atkinson-Palombo to chair Environmental Literacy Task ForcePosted on February 20, 2018
- Prof. DasGupta gives lectures at three universities in IndiaPosted on January 14, 2018
- Prof. Ghosh gives research talks at two universities in IndiaPosted on January 5, 2018
- Ken Foote interviewed by BYUradioPosted on November 28, 2017
- Prof. Atkinson-Palombo leads Sustainable Amsterdam in Summer 2018Posted on November 7, 2017
- Prof. Fosdick to give colloquium at Wesleyan UniversityPosted on November 6, 2017
- Shamayeta Bhattacharya receives student paper award at recent NESTVAL meetingPosted on October 31, 2017
Geography Curriculum Info
Student Opportunities & Resources
Recent Graduate Student Publications
Zhang, Weixing, Weidong Li, Chuanrong Zhang, and William B. Ouimet. Detecting urban horizontal and vertical growths from medium resolution imagery and their relationships with major socioeconomic factors. International Journal of Remote Sensing.
Joseph Danko and Dean Hanink. Evaluating the local socio-economic impact of redevelopments using shift-share analysis: a case study of destination redevelopments in Las Vegas (1990–2010). Journal of Urban Design.
Katharine Johnson and William Ouimet. Physical properties and spatial controls of stone walls in the northeastern USA: Implications for Anthropocene studies of 17th to early 20th century agriculture. Anthropocene.
Robert Cromley, Shuowei Zhang, and Natalia Vorotyntseva. A concentration based approach to data classification for choropleth mapping. International Journal of Geographical Information Science.
- This calendar has no events scheduled at this time.
|Address:||Department of Geography|
Austin Building, rm 422
215 Glenbrook Road, U-4148
Storrs, CT 06269-4148